Comix competition (Int.) 2017
The competition's theme 2017 is «Worlds»
© Amadéo Gonzales
Each year, Fumetto – International Comix-Festival Lucerne holds a competition to give comic creators the opportunity to compare their work, present it to a broader public and to exchange views with others.
The competition's theme 2017 is
Worlds – Where do you live and where do I live? Every story needs pictures, so I will make myself a picture of you. However, what do we really know about each other? How does your world influence mine and and mine yours? How does the world that we are creating together look?
- Annette Schindler, Director Fantoche – International Animationfilm Festival, Baden (CH)
- Sharad Sharma, Cartoonist & Founder World Comics Network, Delhi (IN)
- Steve Michiels, Cartoonist / Prof. of Illustration
(Luca School of Arts), Ghent (BE)
- Isabelle Pralong, Comic Artist / Prof. of Illustration & Comic (CFPAA) Geneva (CH)
- Alice Grünfelder, Editor, Zurich (CH)
Forty to fifty comics will be nominated by the jury for the exhibition during the festival. Those not nominated will be shown in folders.
Awarding of prizes
The winners will be announced and the prizes awarded on saturday the 1st of april 2017.
Fumetto will award three prizes in each category. There will also be a prize for the best scenario, regardless of the categories. The festival's visitors will be able to vote for the peoples choice award. The winners will receive cash prizes totalling CHF 5'000.- and goods of the same value.
Categorie 1 (18 years or older)
1st Boris Pramatarov (BE)
2nd Marion Sonet (FR)
3rd Sarah Larguier (FR)
Categorie 2 (13 to 17 years)
1st Sébastien Friedberg (FR)
2nd Kasimir Marquis (CH)
3rd Danay Gijzen (CH)
Categorie 3 (up to 12 years)
1st Hleb Nikalayeu (BLR)
2nd Victor Ponnaz (CH)
3rd Mila Maxima Schweizer (CH)
Hannah Bossi (BE)
- Deadline: 2th of january 2017 (date of postmark)
- Application: print and enclose application
- Format: A4 or A3 (other formats enclose application will be disqualified)
- Form: only comics (stories in picture form), no digital entries
- Number of pages: maximum 4 (only 1 comic-story)
- Labelling: name, address, telephone number, e-mail, user number, date of birth and paging on the back of each page
- Packaging: sturdy envelope, no rolls
- Return postage: For Swiss Nationals only: stamps or money in the value of the stamps needed. For Foreigners: 15 Euro. If the return postage is not enclosed or not sufficient the works will not be sent back but kept for one year only.
- Categories: Cat. 1: 18 years or older / Cat. 2: 13 to 17 years / Cat. 3: up to 12 years of age (reference date is the deadline)
Fumetto Wettbewerb, Rössligasse 12, 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland
Fumetto assumes no liability in case the work sent to us is lost, or damaged. Fumetto acquires the using rights of all submitted works. In particular, Fumetto is entitled to use all submitted works, as well as parts of it, for journalistic coverage, self-promotion and/or possibly for reproductions in publications
or a touring exhibition. Unless the sender instructs
otherwise, Fumetto is entitled to pass on the addresses of the comic creators.