Comix competition (Int.) 2018
The competition's theme 2018 is «Enough»
© Ezra Claytan Daniels
Each year, Fumetto – International Comix-Festival Lucerne holds a competition to give comic creators the opportunity to compare their work, present it to a broader public and to exchange views with others.
The competition's theme 2018 is
Enough – We own so many things. We travel more than ever and explore the most remote places. This has in impact on our environment. Travelling and the production of food, clothes and all products need soil, water, air and other natural resources. What do you, your family and your friends really need to feel happy? How much is enough?
Partner: Stiftung Mercator Schweiz
Marianne Burki, Head of Visual Arts, Pro Helvetia, Zurich (CH)
Ulli Lust, comic artist, Berlin (D)
Isabel Peterhans, comic artist, Lucerne (CH)
Miroslav Sekulic-Struja, comic artist, Croatia/Paris (HR)
Anna Sommer, comic artist, Zurich (CH)
Forty to fifty comics will be nominated by the jury for the exhibition during the festival. Those not nominated will be shown in folders.
Awarding of prizes
The winners will be announced and the prizes awarded on saturday the 14th of april 2018.
Fumetto will award three prizes in each category. There will also be a prize for the best scenario, regardless of the categories. The festival's visitors will be able to vote for the peoples choice award. The winners will receive cash prizes totalling CHF 5'000.- and goods of the same value.
- Deadline: 4th of january 2018 (date of postmark)
- Application: print (your number) and enclose application
- Format: A4 or A3 (other formats enclose application will be disqualified)
- Form: only comics (stories in picture form)
- No digital entries by e-mail, only by post-service
- Number of pages: maximum 4 (only 1 comic-story)
- Labelling: name, address, telephone number, e-mail, user number, date of birth and paging on the back of each page
- Packaging: sturdy envelope, no rolls
- Return postage: For Swiss Nationals only: stamps or money in the value of the stamps needed. For Foreigners: 15 Euro. If the return postage is not enclosed or not sufficient the works will not be sent back but kept for one year only.
- Categories: Cat. 1: 18 years or older / Cat. 2: 13 to 17 years / Cat. 3: up to 12 years of age (reference date is the deadline)
Fumetto Wettbewerb, Rössligasse 12, 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland
Fumetto assumes no liability in case the work sent to us is lost, or damaged. Fumetto acquires the using rights of all submitted works. In particular, Fumetto is entitled to use all submitted works, as well as parts of it, for journalistic coverage, self-promotion and/or possibly for reproductions in publications
or a touring exhibition. Unless the sender instructs
otherwise, Fumetto is entitled to pass on the addresses of the comic creators.